Friday, February 3, 2012

Tale of Two Houses

Best and worst customers of the night last night came from the same neighborhood.  First I had a delivery to a customer that told me she and her husband had just moved into their house in Moody yesterday after their home in Clay was destroyed in last week's tornadoes.  Her total was $22.07 and she tipped me $8.

When I got back to the store, I had another delivery to that same neighborhood.  I got there and waited nearly 5 minutes for the lady to even come to the door.  I was just about to try and call when she opened the door.  She tells me to hold on and goes back inside the house for another few minutes.  She comes back with a check and I had to ask her to put her driver's license and phone numbers on it.  Another few minutes wait.  Finally she gives me the check.  Her total was $16.61 and she made her check out for $17.  Wow, a whole 39 cents and about 10 minutes wasted at your door.  Opie Taylor would have loved that tip, but unfortunately, it's 2012.

My night was pretty good overall, but after the 39 cent big spender, it kind of fell apart.  I only had three more deliveries and made $5 between them.

Worked 4 hours, had 8 deliveries, and made $34 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment