Saturday, February 11, 2012

You Already Paid Me

Last night the non-tippers decided to do something else for dinner.  Good thing too, because we had too many drivers in the store so each run was important.  All my runs were pretty much the $3 and $4 kind which is about average.

My favorite delivery of the night was to an apartment in Moody.  When I got to the door, the TV was so loud I at first thought that Janet Hall and Scott Richards were actually inside talking.  The customer was an older guy who said he had just moved in.  His total was $13.35 and he had paid with a credit card.  I gave him the slip and asked him for tip, total and signature.  He handed it back to me along with $13 in cash and said he needed to find the 35 cents.  I looked at the credit slip and he had totaled and signed it for $15.35 to include a $2 tip.  I told him not to worry about finding the change and went to hand him back his cash.  "You already paid me," I said, holding up the credit slip.  He laughed and said he forgot he paid with his credit card and thought the slip was just confiming how much he was going to give me.  He asked if I'd get the $2 tip he put on his credit card and I told him yes.  He handed me $2 more in cash and thanked me for being honest about his mistake and not just taking his money.  No problem.  I thanked him for the $4 tip and wished him a great weekend.  Heading back to the car, I wished that every customer was as nice as that old man.

Worked 3.5 hours, had 6 deliveries, and made $25 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment