Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thanks For The Quarters, Kid

I was a little wary of how my Friday night was going to go after my first delivery.  It was an order for wings and a 2 liter drink.  The customer then called back and placed a second order for more wings.  When I got there, it was two kids about 11 years-old.  Nobody will ever mistake preteen kids as the world's best tippers.  One kid asked what the total was for both orders and I told him $21.90.  He then produced an unbelievable stack of quarters.  I've found that when people pay for their orders in cash and use change for any part of it - much less all of it - they're not going to make your night tip-wise.  I had him give them to me $1 at a time so we could keep track of how much he'd given me.  About 10 minutes later, I'm headed back to my car with $23 worth of quarters in my back pocket.  $1.10 is a pretty crappy tip on a nearly $22 order, but it was better than I thought I'd get.

Luckily, the rest of my deliveries were all $3 and $4 tips for the most part.

Worked 3 hours, had 7 deliveries, and made $22 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment