Friday, February 24, 2012

Pretty Decent For A Slow Night

My first delivery of the night was to a customer I'd had before.  Last time the guy tipped me $3, so it seemed like a good way to start the night.  Only this time his wife came to the door, and math apparently isn't her thing.  Her total was $15.29 and she paid with a credit card.  I handed her the slip and she started doing the "math talk" to herself.  "Let's see, if I add that as the tip then the total will be" as she's adding the tip and total.  She hands it back to me and she totaled it out at $16.29.  That 15 plus 1 math really had her for a minute.

Another customer came to the door with a $100 bill to pay for a $24.25 order.  I told him I couldn't make change for $100, so he had his daughter pay for it.  She gave me $25 and told me to keep the change.  Wow, a whole 75 cents all to myself?  But when I got to the car, she came running out and handed me $2 and apologized for not tipping me the first time.

Last delivery was the best one.  It was to a hotel right near the store.  The order total was $28.  He handed me a wad of bills and said, "There's $30 for the pizza and the rest just keep".  Nice $12 tip to finish the night.

So the night ended up being pretty good on a slow night.  No stiffs to complain about is always a good thing.

Worked 3.5 hours, had 6 deliveries, and made $30 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment