Friday, February 17, 2012

Still Haven't Watched the Video

Yesterday I was supposed to go in at 5:30, but I got a call the other day from the manager saying there was one more training video I had to watch, so I needed to come in early.  Yay.  She wanted me to come in at 3:00, but working night shift, I usually sleep until around then.  So, I get up at 2:30, have coffee and get ready.  I get there at 3:30 and guess what?  She's not there.  Can't watch the video so I'm just working 2 extra hours.

Oh well, it'll give me two extra hours of tips, right?  Not so much.  I made four deliveries between 3:30 and 5:30 and made a whopping $5.  FIVE DOLLARS!!!  Turns out, a lot of people that order in the middle of the afternoon are lousy tippers.  Well, not lousy tippers, they just don't tip.  At all.

Then 5:30 came around and things got better.  Got some good five and six dollar tippers and didn't have a single non-tipper from then on.

My last delivery of the night was a good tip, but a bad experience.  When I pull up, there's a huge dog in the driveway that walks up and waits for me to get out.  It follows me to the door and stands with me while I wait.  Customer opens the door and tells me to come inside.  I go in and the dog follows me.  Once inside, the other dog is joined by a huge pit bull.  I guess you can't judge an entire species on what you hear in the news, but as far as I'm concerned, pit bulls are killers and I'd rather not have one staring me down while you get your pizza money together.  The other dog is jumping all over me while I wait.  When I get back to the car, it's quickly apparent that I've stepped in dog poo.  I pull out of the driveway and down the road and get out to scrap my shoes.  Only it's not on my shoes, it's all over my pants from when I was getting jumped by the dog.  Great.  But, the guy tipped me $5.85 and the pants will wash, so not too bad.

Longer night because of the video thing so I worked longer than usual.  Worked.  5.5 hours, had 13 deliveries and made $50 in tips.

1 comment:

  1. I average about $60-$120 every night I work, what city do you deliver at?

    ReplyDelete