Saturday, February 25, 2012

Here's Your Penny Back

My shift started out good tonight.  Had a couple runs out to Trussville and Moody and after an hour I was half way to what I made in tips Friday night.  All $5 and $6 tips the first half of my shift. 

I had two runs out to Leeds.  The first one had an order totaling $25.33.  When I got to the door, I realized I'd left their 2 liter Pepsi in the car.  I gave the guy the food and waited for him to write his check.  Then I told him I'd be right back with the drink.  On the way to the car, I looked at the check and it was made out for $25.33.  No tip.  Great.  I went back to the door with the drink and the guy asked if I'd hand him back the check real quick.  He went back inside and wrote out another check for $30.33.  Glad I decided not to shake up his Pepsi on the way back from the car.

My second run to Leeds was a stiff, but at least I was able to have a little vindication.  It was to the America's Best Hotel near the Bass Pro Shop.  I go to the door and hand the guy the pizza and wings.  His total is $25.34 and he hands me a $20, a $5, a quarter and a dime.  Just before he heads back in, I ask him to hold up a second as I pull a hand full of change out of my back pocket.  I pull a penny out and toss it up on his box and tell him, "There's your penny back".   Felt good.

About thirty minutes before my shift ended, we had a delivery ticket for Odenville.  If you're familiar with Moody Parkway, our delivery area ends at Bethel Baptist Church, so we don't see a lot of Odenville addresses.  But I figured it would be a quick one to take before I left.  Not quite.  It ended up actually being in Margaret, and actually closer to Argo than Odenville.  When the lady came to the door, she said asked if we were delivering to that area now.  I told her I didn't think so, but maybe.  She said she knew it was a long way from the store, but she only tipped me $2 for my trouble.  We won't be delivering there anymore, because I went back to the store and had it marked "Out of Delivery Area" in the computer. 

Worked 3.5 hours, had 9 deliveries, and made $40 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment