Saturday, February 4, 2012

Extra Long NIght

This week I got moved back to the overnight shift at my regular job "temporarily" for about 8 months.  So last night was my first night of delivering then turning around and going to work all night.  Considering I'd been up since 7 a.m. already, it made for a pretty long night.

Though the rain did seem to help tips last night though.  I didn't really have any bad customers to speak of, but my last delivery of the night was sort of interesting.  It was way out in the middle of nowhere Moody via Acmar Road.  I'm driving down a road in the middle of the woods when my GPS announces that I've arrived at my location.  If you've ever seen the movie Wrong Turn, you can picture the type of road I'm on.  I get out and notice the mailbox to my right and head that way.  The "driveway" is one of those old dirt roads that's basically two ruts leading into the woods.  I can see the house about a quarter mile away.  I consider going back and driving to the house, but decide it's better on foot...easier to get away into the woods should the need arise.  When I finally get there, I realize that I've left their 2 liter drink in the car so I get to make the hike twice.

Other than that, it was a pretty regular night.  Worked 3.5 hours, took 6 deliveries, and made $31 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment