Friday, March 2, 2012

Non Tipper Night

After several weeks of good customers, I was bound to have a night like last night eventually.  The first half was decent, but it got messed up by the non tippers the second half.

My first non tipper was to a run down apartment complex in Leeds that I wasn't expecting to tip.  It was like I could tell the future.  When I got back from that run, I had one to a house that I've delivered to twice before and the guy didn't tip.  Needless to say, I wasn't excited about heading back over.  As expected, the guy signed his credit card slip without tipping.

My last run was to a house on my street.  A little over a block from my house.  I was glad I could at least end the night on a good note.  When I got there, they pulled the "Send the kid to the door trick".  The total was $27.52.  I handed him the pizzas and he handed me the money.  As I'm walking back to the car, I count the money.  $27.  Sorry, not paying for any of your order tonight, kid.  I go back to the door and ring the bell.  He comes back to the door, and I tell him he owes me 52 cents.

Spoiler alert:  If you don't tip, delivery drivers probably won't pay for any of your order.

Worked 3.5 hours, had 7 deliveries, and made $18 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment