Saturday, January 28, 2012

They Brought The Wrong Pizza, Right?

Last night turned out better than it seemed it would when I first walked in the door at 5:30.  After printing a ticket and grabbing a hot bag for a quick delivery right up the street, I noticed an order already bagged sitting on the front counter.  After some checking around, I found out it was one that another guy forgot to take when he left a few minutes earlier.  I grabbed it and headed to the car.  It was to a trailer park in Leeds that of course my GPS didn't recognize.  No big deal, I'll just call the customer and get directions.  She picks up and I tell her why I'm calling.  She responds, "They brought the wrong pizza, right"?  Aw crap.  So I'm not delivering a pizza for a tip, I'm fixing a mistake.  The guy took them the pizza that was supposed to go with the quick, close delivery I printed the ticket for when I walked in the door. 

I ask her for directions and she ends with, "First one on the left with the Christmas lights around the 'Pitbull Puppies For Sale' sign."  Great.  Night not off to the greatest start.

It turned out to be a pretty slow Friday night and we had too many drivers working.  So other than the pitbull farm I only had three other deliveries before I left at 9:00.

Worked 3.5 hours, took 4 deliveries and made $17 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment