Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not A Busy Championship Night

I was actually looking forward to delivering during the BCS National Championship game last night.  Monday nights are usually kind of slow, so I figured that with the game on, we'd be busy all night.  Wrong.  I got there at 5:30 and by 8:00, we were sitting around watching the game at the store.  Not a bad night, but not exactly what I was hoping for.  I did get to deliver to my neighbor's house though, so that was kind of funny.  My best customers of the night were a group of families that had gotten together to watch the game.  Bama fans.  They asked who I pull for and I told them Michigan.  I told them my wife likes LSU and Les Miles is a Michigan man.  The lady paying asked if I wanted to tell her who I was pulling for before she filled in my tip on the credit card slip.  I laughed and said, "Roll Tide".  She gave me $7.

Only two near stiffs of note last night.  First was a guy whose order total was $21.42.  He used a $20 gift card that he proudly told me two times somebody gave him for Christmas.  Congratulations I guess.  So his order only put him out $1.42 and he paid me with $3.  Could have at least given me a $2 tip instead of $1.58.

Second was my last delivery of the night.  I got her delivery there nearly twenty minutes early, but she didn't really care.  Total was $18.80 and she tipped me $1.

4.5 hours, 8 deliveries, 53 miles, $32 in tips

No comments:

Post a Comment