Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saturday Night Fever

Some people will say anything to get something for free, and I had a perfect example of it last night.  One of my first deliveries was to the "prestigious" Super 8 motel on Moody Pkwy.  The people who ordered were fairly nice and tipped me $5.    After dropping of my other run I head back to the store.  The manager asked if I'd taken a run to the Super 8.  Not long after I'd left, they called and said the pasta was "cold and hard".  Whatever.  Some more is coming out of the oven, so I gotta go back.  When I get there the second time, I decide to see just how cold and hard this pasta was for myself.  After handing over the new food, I tell the lady I need to take the old back to the store.  She hands me three awfully light boxes.  As I'm walking back to the car, I open one of the boxes to take a look.  I'm no pasta expert, but it looked okay to me.  Of course, it was kind of hard to tell for sure because they had eaten ALL of it. 

A few deliveries later, a guy hands me $16 for a $15.53 order and tells me to keep the change.  Hey thanks, 47 cents.  Last of the big spenders, eh?

Towards the end of the night I had two in the same building at the Oaks of St. Clair apartments.  Big difference between the two.  First order tips me $4.  Second order is mad because they charged her for her extra ranch.  "They never charge me for ranch when I call for carry out."  Well here's an idea.  If you're not gonna tip and they don't charge you for ranch when you call for carry out, call for carry out.

To top it all off, I listened to the Saints implode on the radio.  Totally different team than I've watched all season.  Closed last night, so I had to work a little longer than normal.  I worked 6 hours, had 12 deliveries, and $44 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment