Thursday, March 8, 2012

Space Continuum Vortex In Leeds

So I'm just now getting around to updating from last Friday night.  I try to update the day after I work, but Saturday was my birthday and I've been busy this week so far.

The only real customer of note I had was a rather strange encounter.  I pull up outside a house in Leeds that looks straight out of a horror movie.  Old, wooden house with the huge front porch.  No lights on except for two red light bulbs on either side of the door.  Oh, and big concrete demon sculptures in the front yard.  Already not loving this one.

I go to the door and just before I knock, I notice a large metal sign hanging to the right of the door.  It's got English and underneath that, what looks like several different Arabic languages.  It says, "You Are Now Leaving The American Sector".  Oh boy.

I knock and the lady that comes to the door is a 1960's holdout.  Close cropped hair and military hat.  She tells me that she wants to give me a good tip, so she's giving me $3 (that's average by the way).  She then tells me about how she believes in sharing the wealth and that we shouldn't keep what we make.  I thought about what an interesting conversation we could have had if I had mentioned that delivering pizzas is my second job and that I'm one of those "evil" conservatives that believes in the exact opposite of sharing the wealth and people should go out and earn their own "wealth" instead of trying to take mine.

But in the end, I decided just to thank her for the $3, re-enter the American Sector, and be on my way.

Worked 3.5 hours, had 7 deliveries, and made $30 in tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment