Friday, March 16, 2012

Two Days In One Post

I never got around to posting for my Saturday night shift, so I'm just going to lump it in with Thursday.

Saturday night was the least busy of the three nights I worked last week.  A driver takes a delivery based on a list on the computer.  Next up takes next delivery.  Saturday I was next up and the delivery was to a part of Moody that is notorious for not tipping.  The driver behind me on the list asked if I'd let him take that one and me get the next one.  Sure, no problem.  So my delivery comes up and it's to the Hampton Inn in Leeds near the Bass Pro Shop.  Two different people tell me, "That's a good one, I got $10 there last time".  So I'm definitely glad to trade my no tip for it.  When I get to the room the guy comes to the door and is paying in cash.  He hands me the money and says, "There's something that should make it worth your drive".  On the way back to the car I take a look.  Three dollars.  Tipping $3 is fine, but don't try to sell it like you're giving me a huge tip.

It was slow, so I got cut early.  Worked 2.5 hours, had 4 deliveries, and made $22 in tips.

Thursday night was slow again.  I was hoping with the NCAA tournament starting we'd be busier than we were.  I only had one customer try to stiff me, but he tipped me without knowing it and I didn't realize it until after I'd left.  He had $15 in his hand and asked his total.  I told him $13.35.  Then he turns around and asks his buddies for fifty cents.  So I'm assuming he's going to tell me to keep the change.  I tell him to have a good night and he says, "I have some change coming back, dog".  I tell him I don't carry coin change and hand him $1 back.  On the drive back to the store, I remembered that he handed me that fifty cents also, so actually I owed him $2.  Oh well, it didn't kill him to tip me $1, even if he didn't know he did.

Worked 3.5 hours, had 5 deliveries, and made $22 in tips.

1 comment:

  1. Did you guys get any of that weather last night (Thursday)? Got slammed, made $60 on a 5-9, shift. Usually people don't tip any better during bad weather, I think it's because all the big tippers are usually nicer, and nicer people probably don't wanna put anybody out by ordering when it's ugly. That's my theory.

    ReplyDelete